Co-host Ashlee loves planning trips. She creates travel guides, helps friends and family map out the perfect vacation, and obsesses over the obscure local must-sees. In this episode, Ashlee leads us as we dive into what the average traveler should know when planning a high value, low cost vacation.
Our quick tips
- Get ahead of it. Try to plan at least 3-6 months ahead of your trip
- Find out the Shoulder Season
- Use a travel planning toolbox
- Google Maps
- Google search for Travel Guides by travel bloggers
- Pinterest search for Travel Guides
- Listen to our guide on Credit Card Churning
- Use incognito/private browsing when searching for flights and hotels
- Don’t go overboard on paying for convenience.
- Over-budget by at least 20-30%
Ashlee’s recent travel guides
- Weekend getaway in Vegas
- Best of New Orleans in 72 hours
- 72 hours in Los Angeles
- Banff National Park in Canada
- New York City
Also, check out Ashlee’s list of Cool Travel Blogs.